TRAVIS Scott was “removed” from Coachella’s lineup in 2022 following the ongoing backlash for the tragic deaths of Astroworld last month.
Earlier today, the rapper also lost another business venture as Anheuser-Busch announced it had ended its Cacti spiked seltzer line, but prices for its Air Jordan 1 Nike sneakers continue to soar. .
According to local Palm Desert outlet News channel 3, Travis, 30, is no longer headlining the next Coachella Music Festival in April.
The town of Indio – where Coachella takes place – and community services manager Jim Curtis told the store the artist “will no longer perform” at the highly anticipated concert.
It has not yet been announced who will replace Travis as Best Actor on Saturday Night.
Fans have previously asked Coachella to ditch Travis in the wake of his concert tragedy and even started an online petition with over 60,000 signatures to take him off the lineup.
As the fallout from Astroworld continues, the resale prices of rapper Sicko Mode’s Air Jordan 1 Nike sneakers continue to soar.
The shoes – which originally sold for less than $ 200 – are now selling for as high as $ 4,100.
Many other websites sell the coveted sneakers for between $ 2,000 and $ 3,000.
Earlier today, Kylie Jenner’s baby daddy had another big blow when her popular Cacti spiked seltzer line was announced as now discontinued.
Alcoholic beverage company Anheuser-Busch revealed Friday’s news, saying: âAfter careful evaluation, we have decided to halt all production and brand development of CACTI Agave Spiked Seltzer.
“We believe fans of the brand will understand and respect this decision.”
It was then reported that the company would not say whether the decision was made due to the Astroworld tragedy.
However, a source close to Travis said TMZ that the hitmaker and the company had already agreed to end their partnership on November 30.
The source claimed: “This is not a cancellation or deletion of an ongoing deal.”
The news comes a month after 10 people were tragically killed and hundreds injured while filming at the Astroworld Festival in Houston, Texas.
According to Texan officials, the crowd began to “settle down to the front of the stage” around 9:15 pm, triggering widespread panic.
A “mass incident” was declared a few minutes later at 9:38 pm – in which Travis was on stage performing the entire time.
It also emerged that Travis played for more than 30 minutes after the death toll was announced.
A day after the tragedy amid mounting backlash, Travis took to social media to apologize.
In a statement uploaded to Twitter, he said: âI am absolutely devastated by what happened last night.
âMy prayers go out to the families and everyone who has been touched by what happened at the Astroworld Festival.
âHouston PD has my full support as it continues to address the tragic loss of life. I am committed to working with the Houston community to care for and support families in need.
However, fans called his apology “insincere” and claimed he “avoided taking responsibility” for the concert’s deaths or injuries – which only increased the backlash.
Travis and his girlfriend Kylie Jenner – who is currently pregnant with their second child – have been keeping a low profile since the tragedy.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for the US Sun team?