Gucci’s Demetra Basket sneaker is plant-based and basketball-inspired

Following in the ecological footsteps of Adidas and Hermès, Gucci has launched its own alternative leather sneakers, but instead of using mycelium, a mushroom-based material, the Italian luxury brand has created an all-new exclusive textile. at Gucci. Called Demetra, the material is made up of 77% of raw materials of plant origin, according to the brand.

Perfected over the past two years, Demetra is produced using Gucci’s own leather tanning procedures, providing customers with a similar leather experience in terms of aesthetics, feel and quality. The luxury brand plans to incorporate the material into shoes, bags, accessories and clothing, but only in its own in-house products. Through patents and trademarks, Gucci has ensured that Demetra is exclusive to its products, but by 2022 the brand plans to share its hardware with other brands.

Do Gucci Consumers Care About Sustainability? – For now, however, the exclusivity of Demetra is an important marketing factor. Leather has been synonymous with luxury for decades, and consumers may not be willing to spend obscene sums on something plant-based – that is, unless the product is proprietary and manufactured in quantities. limited.

New Ace sneakers made by Demetra by GucciGucci

In this case, Gucci products don’t have to be sustainable, which is good news as we’re not sure whether Demetra is entirely sustainable. Although Marco Bizzarri, Chairman and CEO of Gucci, said WWD Demetra offers “an easily scalable alternative choice and a more durable material that also meets the needs for animal-free solutions,” the company did not explain how the material is sustainable.

77 percent herbal raw material composition invites us to wonder what the remaining 23 percent of Demetra is made of. So far, Gucci has only said the material includes “bio-based polyurethane,” viscose, and sustainably sourced wood compounds – keeping details quiet for exclusivity or other more sinister reasons.

Rhyton sneakers made by Demetra by GucciGucci

Buy Demetra sneakers – For now, Gucci has launched its eco-responsible initiative by introducing a new silhouette of sneakers in Demetra. Dubbed the Basket sneaker, the chunky high top shoe takes inspiration from retro basketball shoes by featuring a chunky tongue, stitched overlays and ’80s neon colors. Big brand Gucci hits the tongue in highlighter pink, while that the white base of the sneaker is contrasted by touches of teal, yellow and royal blue.

Demetra sneakers made by GucciGucci

Those looking to be less noticed can turn to Gucci’s Rhyton or New Ace sneakers, which also embrace the use of Demetra. Taking a simpler look, the sneakers go for two-tone color schemes and the Gucci branding, of course.

Demetra Rhyton and New Ace styles are available at The Gucci website and should arrive in store momentarily. As a new member of Gucci shoes, the Basket will be more difficult to obtain – the model is not yet available online and has only been launched in select Gucci stores. As Gucci looks to capitalize on Demetra before sharing it with other brands, we’re sure to see the herbal material become more accessible.


Source link

About Shirley Dickson

Check Also

Global Sg Soccer Shoes Market Size, Share, Development Trend, Demand in Industry Growth Drivers and Challenges 2020-2025

The recent Sg Soccer Shoes market study conducts an in-depth assessment of this business vertical …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *